The local police service that works for you
Surrey Police Board Website is Live
Surrey Appoints First Chief Constable
Read the FAQ
Surrey will have an innovative, modern, and proactive Surrey Police Service that reflects our diverse urban community and implements proven community responsive approaches to building safety and well-being.
Surrey is entering an exciting phase in its growth, and like other large cities in Canada it will have its own local police service, accountable to a locally appointed Police Board.
An independent municipal police service will:
- Continue to enhance community safety through community-responsive approaches to policing
- Emphasize collaboration with community partners to address underlying social issues
- Improve accountability through a Police Board made up of local residents
- Allocate resources based on local priorities and issues
- Respond quickly to address new and emerging issues (e.g., opioid crisis)
- Ensure policing and City priorities are aligned
- Attract and retain sworn officers who can build their career in Surrey
- Include members from diverse backgrounds that reflect our community
As Surrey continues to evolve and grow, our local police service will be able to respond quickly to the changing needs of our citizens.