Help build and support a progressive police service, and work in a dynamic and innovative environment.
Joining Surrey Police Service (SPS) is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build a police service focused on community policing and tailored to the needs of Surrey. Civilians in policing play critical roles in delivering services to the community, and supporting police officers and investigations. Civilian careers at SPS include criminal intelligence analysts, telecommunications operators, communications specialists, systems analysts, records clerks, managers for departments, and many more.
When joining our team, civilian employees can expect to receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, career training and development opportunities, and access to a wide range of health and wellness programs designed to ensure employees are cared for and supported.
Salary and benefits
Our civilian benefits package includes the following:
- Vacation and options for flexible hours of work (depending on position)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Extended health benefits including physiotherapy, massage, and therapeutic treatments
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Travel insurance and life insurance
- Employee and family assistance programs
- A range of training and development opportunities to help staff achieve their full potential.
- Read the full CUPE 402 2021-2024 Collective Agreement (applicable to all unionized SPS civilian positions)
SPS has designed a health and wellness program based on the philosophy that, if we care for each other, we can better care for the community. With this in mind, we have developed a comprehensive program with a wrap-around service approach that includes:
- Access to the City of Surrey’s recreation facilities at a reduced cost.
- A designated Employee Services team member who provides you with personal support, family support, and resources to support your well-being.
- A full-time Wellness Unit – including our Operational Stress Injury dog, Ragnar – that is dedicated to supporting all employees.
- 24-7 access to our Wellness Lounge where you can decompress during the workday.
How to apply
- Create a profile by accessing the link of the position you are interested in applying for.
- Ensure your resume and cover letter are up to date and tailored to the job you are applying for.
- Cover letters should be limited to a maximum of two pages, single spaced, and use 12-point font.
- Ensure any documents requested accompany your application such as educational certificates, or drivers’ abstracts, but only submit these documents if requested.
- Applications will be reviewed upon the closing date of the posted position. Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted.